Heels: New Look
So this is a first. I never really blog about anything to do with relationships but this outfit sparked the idea for this post. I’m one of those old, hopeless, traditional romantics who believe that dates are essential to get to know about each other … not how much money or gifts can be flaunted etc. As well as that, I believe that more thoughtful, sentimental dates are better than just going for something expensive just for the sake of it. To elaborate, I would rather a date be set up whereby the context allows us to get to know each other better rather than go somewhere e.g. the Shard for image. In addition, why go to the Shard when I can be equally or more satisfied with a bowl of Jack Daniel Wings from TGI Friday’s?! … but that’s just me haha. Anyways, with the help of others, I’m going to outline 5 cute date ideas:
- A walk along a beach/riverside/park etc. The reason why this is probably my favourite is because the context forces conversation. This just enables you to explore each other’s minds. Not only does that just serve the purpose of the date, but it’s also inexpensive. So if the relationship doesn’t seem progressive after that date, at least the cashloss is minimal lol.
- Museum date. This is another one which is quite interesting in the sense that you can analyse each other’s interpretation of the exhibitions. On top of that, there tends to be alot of free museums (at least in London there is) so again, minimal cash loss.
- A picnic. I like this one over a restaurant date, simply because of the effort. It doesn’t even have to be the typical jam sandwiches and tea cakes. Personally, my type of picnic would probably involve some chicken wings, some Rubicon Passion Fruit and grapes to name a few lol.
- Night time picnic (on a beach/pier/park etc.). There’s something about the vibes during the night and for those that don’t have a car to park in an empty parking lot, this idea could substitute that idea. This probably won’t be feasible during the winter, but in the summer, during sunset this would be beautiful!
- A painting class. My friend proposed this idea to me and I fell in love. An activity-based date is quite fun and can fill the void, especially if you’re socially awkward and hate awkward silences.
I just wanted to keep this short and sweet with my main message being that, you don’t have to break the bank to have a successful date!
Thanks for reading,