HAPPY THANKSGIVING to those who celebrate this day.
And to those who don’t, it never hurts to acknowledge our gratitude to people and things we are thankful for … which this post is about to do!
I’m not sure if thanksgiving is just an American thing, but I know it definitely isn’t a British holiday. We actually barely have any holidays in the UK (sad but true) … but big up Jeremy Corbyn who tried to change this!
Anyways, I’m going to list some things I am thankful for:
- I am thankful to God for blessing me with life, for facilitating me with tools and competencies to become successful (which I am destined to be) and mostly for the challenges he poses me with in order to sharpen my character … or as I usually say “character building”
- I am also thankful to God for making me, me. I am so thankful for my resilience and that’s down to my series of unfortunate L’s (hence why I am not mad at them).
- I am thankful for my family, in particular my parents who have jumped hurdles to enable me to be in the position I am in today. Every so often I think to myself: “I could’ve been born and raised in Masaka village and possibly wouldn’t have seen as much of the World as I have done so far”
- I am thankful for my mother for showing me what it means to be a strong women and to make things work through adverse events. I get a lot of my smarts from her! (I just need her cooking skills next lol)
- I am thankful for my friends (and even those I am no longer friends with), because generally, I’ve had very good times with my friends and I’m thankful that I can say I have no doubt I will still be friends with a lot of my friends until I die really. Shoutout to Tasha, Nathalie, Paola, Lena and all the Roey lot tbh (including you Shola who has abandoned us for Croydon)
- I am thankful for Jackie. She is my best friend, sister and twin. She’s done so much for me and I have no doubt she has my back. I am so thankful I’ve spent 18 years navigating life with her and know that we will always be friends and our kids will be friends too!
- I am thankful to Comfort for teaching me how to open up. Her character, stories and personality has enabled me to address my own internal problems, namely my anxiety. Plus, she has some funny stories to tell!
- I am thankful to TGI Friday’s for introducing the best sauce that a meal can be drenched with: Jack Daniel’s sauce.
- I am thankful to Tania for always advising me and facilitating my dance training. Additionally, providing dance and financial support to my dance group.
- I am thankful to the newer people I’ve met in life. Different people have taught me different things so shoutout to you. To name a few: Theo, Annette, John, Lizzie, Jibz etc.
- I am thankful for the opportunity to be educated.
- I am thankful for my able body and the movement it allows me to do, namely dance.
- And finally, I am thankful to anyone reading this. Anyone who spends time reading my blog posts, I am so thankful to you more than you know because quite frankly, I don’t ever expect anyone to read my posts so I appreciate the time you take to read my lil thoughts.