So we’re practically at the end of 2017.
I don’t know if it’s just me but though time has flown by quickly, however, I feel as though this year has been so so long!
Now we’re at the end, my upcoming posts are pretty much going to reflective as I’m usually in this type of mood around this time of year!
So, it comes to that time when you look back at your goals for the year to see if you’ve achieved them. Now, I already know where mine are going but I’m not mad at it! Everything is a gradual process and it takes awhile to form a habit. So with lifestyle changes, I feel as though it’s not the 1st day that is hard, rather it’s the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. day to keep it going which is hard and defines the change. That’s where I fail the most.
I’m going to outline some of my goals and update you on how it went:
- Dance: I was supposed to train and most importantly freestyle more. Both have been a big fail. In fact, I’ve danced less this year than the past two years which has been unfortunate. But that was the price I had to pay in order to stay on top of my academics and finances. I will have to push myself to set aside time to freestyle though.
- Photography: My goal was to shoot more and learn how to edit. Both I have done! In fact, I’ve started a new tumblr page where I’m slowly showcasing my work, especially since I’ve started editing. Check out my work here: monochrome-ego-archives.tumblr.com
- Reading: I was supposed to read at least 1 book a month, making it at least 12 a year. Utter fail. I don’t think I’ve completed more than 1 book this year to be honest. I’m currently reading multiple books here and there but truly, I have been reading academic content across the year. So it’s not like I haven’t been reading altogether; it’s just that I haven’t been reading for leisure purposes.
- French: I vowed to keep practising outside my lessons. 9 months later after my last french class and I can confirm that this has been a fail. I do want to get back into it, but I’m trying to figure what I’m going to do since my french work is all at home in London.
- Water Intake: Overall this year my water intake has improved. However, I do need to work on it being consistently at 2 litres a minimum. It is a process so I’m not mad at where I’m at, at the moment!
- Blog: I wanted to shoot more style content and I have definitely achieved that! In fact, this year I’ve produced my best content and I want it to get even better during 2018!
- Awkward Situations: The fact I’m writing this sitting in a room in Melbourne, Australia pretty much sums up the fact that I’ve definitely achieved this goal.
And that’s all. I have more goals I had set but I didn’t want this to go on forever lol.
I haven’t started thinking about my goals for 2018; to be honest, a lot of my goals are repeated until I can confidently tick them off because again, they need to develop as long-term habits.
If you want to share how well you got on with your goals, please share in the comments!